Skip to content

Summer 2022: Coronavirus Information

Adult and visiting college students, as well as students in the Secondary School Program, have the option to live on campus in Cambridge. The Pre-College Program is a fully residential program. 

Housing in Harvard College dorms and undergraduate Houses includes a board plan and costs $6,200 for the seven-week session and $3,100 for a three-week session

Housing Eligibility

To be eligible for on-campus housing, you must meet the following requirements:

Adult and College Students

  • Register for eligible courses. Students enrolled only in MGMT S-10 are not eligible for housing.
  • Visit the Enrollment Requirements page in your MyDCE account to access the link to make your housing request (you must be registered in a course in order to view the link).
  • Submit full payment of tuition, room and board, and all other fees by May 16. See Tuition, Fees, and Payment.
  • Meet all requirements early, but no later than Monday, May 16.

On-campus housing is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis to adult and college students who submit a housing request and meet all requirements. If you do not meet all requirements by the deadline (or earlier if all spaces are filled with eligible students before this date), you will not be eligible for housing and your request will be canceled by the Summer School.

Switching Housing Sessions

For adult and college students, on-campus housing is available for each three-week session and the seven-week session. You may request on-campus housing for the session(s) in which you are registering for a course. Please note, if you register for a course in both three-week sessions, you must request housing for both sessions.

If you have already requested housing, and you add or drop a course that results in your attending a different session, the status of your housing request and your room assignment (if housing has already been assigned) will change within one business day, and your room and board charges may be affected. Please note, this applies if you switch between three-week sessions or switch between a three-week session and the seven-week session, or vice versa.

Please contact the Summer School Housing Office at prior to making course registration changes to discuss the impact that adding or dropping a course will have on your housing request.

Secondary School Program Students

  • Register for courses. You must be enrolled in 8 credits.
  • Submit full payment of tuition, room and board, and all other fees by May 16. See Program Cost. Room and board fees will post to your account 1-2 business days after you accept your acceptance into the program.

Meet all requirements early, but no later than Monday, May 16. If you do not meet all requirements by May 16, you will not be eligible for housing, and the housing request made for you by the Summer School will be canceled.

Pre-College Program Students

  • Register for a course(s)
  • Submit full payment of the program fee and all other fees by April 14. See Program Cost.

Meet all requirements early, but no later than Thursday, April 14. If you do not meet all requirements by April 14, you will not be eligible for housing, and you will be withdrawn from your program.

Immunization Requirement

If you live on campus, you must also comply with Massachusetts and Harvard University immunization requirements.

Gender-Inclusive Housing Requests

Harvard Summer School seeks to provide a welcoming, safe, supportive, and comfortable living environment to all gender identities. If you require a gender-inclusive housing assignment, we can provide you with a personal and confidential assessment of your available options.

It is important to contact us early in the process, but no later than April 14 for Pre-College Program students and May 16 for all other students, so that we may offer the widest range of housing options.

To discuss your interest and available options, please contact the Summer School Housing Office at

Married and Family Student Housing

Harvard Summer School does not offer married or family student housing. Please visit Living Off Campus for off-campus accommodations.

Students With Disabilities

The Accessibility Services Office offers a variety of accommodations and services to students with documented disabilities, permanent and temporary injuries, and chronic conditions. If you are a student with a disability, the Accessibility Services Office engages you in an interactive process to provide you an equal opportunity to participate in, contribute to, and benefit from our residential programs.

To be considered for a specific housing accommodation, you must submit a request and appropriate medical documentation to the Accessibility Services Office as early as possible, but no later than May 16. To learn how to submit a request, and for additional information regarding accommodations, please see our Accessibility Services page.

Single Room Requests

There are a limited number of single rooms available during the summer. As such, single room requests will only be considered if you have submitted an accommodation request to the Accessibility Services Office along with appropriate medical documentation indicating that such an assignment is necessary to allow you to fully participate in the summer school program. Decisions regarding single room accommodations are made by the Accessibility Services Office and may require additional information.

In general, the hope is for students to experience a residential college setting while here, which means having a roommate and participating in residential activities. The Accessibility Services Office will work with you to determine appropriate accommodations in the curricular, co-curricular, and residential spaces. For additional information, please see Accessibility Services.

Housing Assignments

Housing will be assigned to eligible students who meet the requirements specified above. In the unlikely event that we fill adult and college housing overnight, priority will be given to those students who met all eligibility requirements earliest. Should this occur, and we determine we must cancel your housing request, you will be notified via email within two business days and will receive a full refund of room and board charges.

Please note building, room, and roommate requests cannot be honored. See Your Room to learn more about room assignments and roommates.

Housing Cancellation

The Enrollment Requirements page in your MyDCE account will provide the link to cancel your housing request through the full room and board refund deadline for your session. After this date, you must submit a signed course registration changes and Summer School housing cancellation form to the Housing Office. Email and telephone requests are not accepted. No other method of notification, including failure to move in or verbal notification, is accepted. If you drop or withdraw from all Summer School courses, you are no longer eligible for housing (see Course Changes and Withdrawals).

Secondary School Program students: if you wish to cancel housing but remain enrolled in courses, you must contact the Secondary School Program Office for approval.

Pre-College Program students: you must live in on-campus housing.

Cancellation and Refund Deadlines

If you cancel housing, the amount of your refund depends on the session for which you requested housing and the date your cancellation is submitted online or received at 51 Brattle Street.

To determine your refund, refer to the housing deadlines listed in your program or session calendar. See Refunds for additional information.