Registration Requirements and Deadlines
Course registration is a multi-step process that supports your educational journey at Harvard Summer School and the Division of Continuing Education (DCE). We encourage you to review the information below as early as possible, as some requirements must be met before you can register for courses.
How To Register
Adult and college students: create your MyDCE student account now to meet registration requirements and provide necessary information prior to the start of registration.
Current high school students: apply to our Secondary School Program or Pre-College Program. You must first be admitted to one of these programs before you may access the MyDCE student portal and register for courses.
View our Summer Registration Webinar
Watch our free webinar on demand learn more about setting up your MyDCE student account, completing pre-registration and registration, paying for your course(s), and a review of important dates and deadlines for the summer term.
In the new DCE Course Search and Registration platform, you can seamlessly search for courses, add courses to carts, and submit your registration in a simple and mobile-first platform. Watch this short demo video to learn more.
- Create or update your account:
- New students: First, create a MyDCE student account. You’ll be prompted to create a DCEKey login credential before logging in to create your student account.
- Returning students: Log into MyDCE to complete pre-registration when it opens. Pre-registration typically opens a week before registration begins.
- Complete the required pre-registration process. You can access pre-registration by clicking on the pre-registration link on your MyDCE dashboard. You won’t be able to register for any courses until you’ve completed this process.
- Login to DCE Course Search and Registration. Search and add courses to your primary cart. You may create additional carts for planning purposes but only your primary cart can be used for registration.
- Click “Submit Schedule” then “Submit Registration” to complete your course registration. Courses in which you’ve successfully registered will be noted with black checkmark in your primary cart.
- Register by the registration deadline each term. Late registration is not permitted.
- Watch for emails from the Summer School with additional information and updates.
English Proficiency: If your native language is not English, you must meet the English proficiency requirement before you can register for courses or take the test of critical reading and writing skills.
Placement Tests: Many courses require a passing score on the test of critical reading and writing skills before you can register. Some courses require you take a math placement or economics proficiency exam prior to the start of the course. Look in course descriptions to see if a test is required and take it as early as possible.
Additional Student Guidelines
International Students:Find information for international students studying full time for credit in courses on campus.
Harvard College Students: Learn more about opportunities for Harvard College students.
Harvard Extension School students:Read additional guidelines that apply to Harvard Extension students.
You must pay your balance in full by the payment deadline. If you do not you risk being dropped from all courses and waitlists. If you are dropped for non-payment, you remain eligible to register for courses until registration ends. However, there is no guarantee space will still be available in the courses or on the waitlists from which you were dropped.
If you register for courses after the payment deadline, you must pay in full immediately. Otherwise, you risk being dropped from all courses and waitlists.
Learn more about Tuition, Fees, and Payment.
Late registration is not permitted.
Students are expected to register for courses during the registration period and meet all other registration and payment requirements by the deadlines listed in the academic calendar. New registration is not permitted after registration ends.
Students registered for a course(s) when registration ends may continue making course changes up to the course change and withdrawal deadlines listed in the academic calendar. Students who are not registered when registration ends are not permitted to register late. See course changes and withdrawals for more information.
Your Registration Confirmation
After you register, log into MyDCE and review your course schedule. For security reasons, you may be asked to present a copy of your course schedule with a government-issued photo ID for admission to certain classrooms in the Science Center, Longwood Medical area, and other buildings and areas on the Harvard campus.
Please contact Enrollment Services at (617) 495-4024 or email email@example.com.