Join us for a challenging and enriching experience at Harvard this summer. Our more than 300 courses are taught by Harvard professors and visiting scholars during the day, evening, and in a variety of online and on-campus formats.
Meet the Dean
Dean Sandra Naddaff talks about our history, mission and her own experiences that led her to Harvard Summer School.
Offerings for Our Students
- High school students:
- Apply to our Secondary School Program for an immersive seven-week, for-credit college experience at Harvard.
- Or apply to the Pre-College Program, where you can take two week, noncredit courses on the Harvard campus.
- Visiting college students: earn course credit toward a degree or prepare for graduate school with advanced coursework.
- Adults and professionals: take a course to advance your career or personal interests.
- Harvard College students: fulfill a degree requirement and study on campus, online, or abroad.
- Harvard Extension students: begin or accelerate your degree or certificate journey by taking a course over the summer.
The Harvard Summer Experience
Get a taste of what it’s like to be a student at Harvard Summer School in this video.
Harvard Campus and Community
Cambridge, Boston, and Harvard are lively in the summertime, and there are many University resources and activities to enjoy.
Living on the Harvard Campus
Live in campus housing around Harvard Square, and you will be a short walk from classes, the dining hall, shops, and restaurants.
Libraries, Museums, Athletic Facilities
Fifty-seven miles of bookshelves … Who needs a treadmill? You could get lost in the expansive Widener Library. The University also has wonderful museums and computer labs, and gyms, pools, tennis courts, and boathouses. See what resources you can access as a Harvard student.
Fun and Relaxation
Participate in organized excursions, intramural sports, and musical groups. You can walk, bike, or ride the subway to downtown Boston. There is also plenty to explore in Harvard Square.