Skip to content

Costs and Funding

Be sure to read about the funding options available for Harvard Summer School Study Abroad Programs. Upon admission, familiarize yourself with the process for submitting payments.


Harvard College students

Eligible Harvard College students can apply for funding from the Office of Career Services (OCS) to participate in Harvard Summer School Study Abroad Programs.

The OCS Harvard Summer School Study Abroad Programs Funding Application is a separate application that students submit in CARAT.  If you have questions about OCS funding for Harvard Summer School Study Abroad Programs, email

Other Harvard offices, departments, and centers may also offer funding to Harvard College students for Harvard Summer School Study Aboard Programs. Search CARAT for potential funding sources.

Be sure also to review the Harvard College Financial Aid Office summer school page for information about loan assistance. 

Students at other schools

Students enrolled at other institutions should consult their financial aid offices. Assistance for students at other Harvard University schools may be available through the financial aid offices of the individual schools.

Harvard University staff

Harvard’s Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) does not cover tuition for study abroad programs. To utilize your TAP benefits, consider taking a three- or seven-week Summer School course


For those admitted to a study abroad program, a $750 nonrefundable deposit must be paid in the spring (date TBA) to secure a place in the program. Note that Harvard College recipients of OCS funding are exempt from the deposit requirement.

Program Cancellations

Note: In the event of program cancellation prior to the program start date, the Summer School will refund any payments you have made toward the program cost, including the deposit, but not including airfare, textbooks, visa application fees, etc. In planning for your travel, we encourage you to consider purchasing refundable airline tickets and/or travel insurance.