No matter where you live, you can spend your summer at Harvard. SSP Online allows students to experience college life in our Secondary School Program from New York City to Bangalore, India.
View 2023 Program Dates and Deadlines
Choose from a wide variety of online classes in our 2023 course catalog – just filter by course format. 89% of past attendees said the courses they completed at Harvard helped them identify what they wanted to study in college, so we organized our courses into Career Pathways as a way to help you choose.
- 4 credit hours required, but can take 8 credit hours (one class is typically 4-credit hours)
- Classes are for-credit, graded college courses
- Have the option to drop a course if needed
- All Summer School Students have access to services and opportunities to help them be successful. See support and services available to students such as tutoring and Writing Center access.
Participate in Activities
You’ll do more than take rigorous courses. Some of our Secondary School Program activities are held virtually so all our students can sign up for them. You’ll get to meet even more students while participating in a variety of social and college-prep activities and events.
As a Harvard Summer School student, you have access to many of Harvard’s resources available online like the libraries; however, you do not receive a student ID, so you cannot access campus buildings. If you live near Cambridge and want to participate in campus life, but want to take online classes, we encourage you to look into our SSP Commuting program format.
Costs & Aid for SSP Online
- 2023 program cost $3,600 (4-credits) – $7,200 (8-credits). Cost is for tuition only and depends upon the number of credits taken.
- Non-refundable $75 application fee
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for financial aid.
Learn about cost and financial aid.