Live on Harvard’s beautiful, historic campus located in Cambridge, Massachusetts in one of the residence halls. As a Harvard resident for the summer, you’ll get a student ID which will be your pass to use the libraries, athletic facilities, student centers and more.
View 2023 Program Dates and Deadlines
The Harvard Secondary School Program has over 200 courses to choose from. Review potential courses in our 2023 course catalog. 89% of past attendees said the courses they completed at Harvard helped them identify what they wanted to study in college, so we organized our courses into Career Pathways as a way to help you choose.
- 8 credit hours required (typically two, 4-credit classes)
- Classes are for-credit, graded college courses
- Living on campus requires you to be enrolled in 8 credit hours, so you don’t have the option to drop a class. You can switch to a different course with open space by the course change deadline.
- There are both online and on-campus courses offered, and if you’re a U.S. citizen or permanent resident you can take courses in either format. International students must take on-campus in-person courses.
- All Summer School Students have access to services and opportunities to help them be successful. See support and services available to students such as tutoring and Writing Center access.
Choose From More Activities
Residential students can participate in all Secondary School Program activities. You will have a rigorous, full-time courseload; however, your schedule will have room to fill with activities such as College Counseling Q&As or music groups.
Costs & Aid for SSP Residential
- 2023 program cost $13,750*
- Non-refundable $75 application fee
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for financial aid.
Learn about cost and financial aid.
*Cost includes tuition, room and meal plan, and an accident and sickness insurance plan for the full seven weeks.
Additional Costs to Consider
- Flight or other transportation to and from Harvard at the beginning and end of your program
- Expenses beyond room and meal plan, such as money for souvenirs, snacks, etc. (Room and meal plan includes 3 meals/day, 7 days/week)