The application for Summer 2024 is now open.
Live on Harvard’s beautiful, historic campus located in Cambridge, Massachusetts in one of the residence halls for seven weeks. As a Harvard resident for the summer, you’ll get a student ID which will be your pass to use the libraries, athletic facilities, student centers and more.
The Harvard Secondary School Program has over 200 courses to choose from. Review potential courses in our 2024 course catalog. 89% of past attendees said the courses they completed at Harvard helped them identify what they wanted to study in college, so we organized our courses into Career Pathways as a way to help you choose.
- 8 credit hours required (typically two, 4-credit classes).
- Classes are for-credit, graded college courses.
- Living on campus requires you to be enrolled in 8 credit hours, so you don’t have the option to drop a class. You can switch to a different course with open space by the course change deadline.
- There are both online and on-campus courses offered, and if you’re a US citizen or permanent resident you can take courses in either format. International students must take on-campus in-person courses.
- All Summer School Students have access to services and opportunities to help them be successful. See support and services available to students such as tutoring and Writing Center access.
Life on Campus
You will live just like a Harvard student in the Harvard College dorms or undergraduate Houses and have a meal plan for the dining hall. Students have access to Harvard Athletics Facilities, Libraries, and other academic resources during the summer.
Proctors, who are nearly all Harvard College students, will get to know residential students by hosting various residential meetings and activities to promote community, can connect you to academic resources, and participate in on-call rotations in case of emergencies. Resident Deans support the proctors and oversee residential life on campus. Learn more about our resident staff.
Choose From More Activities
Residential students can participate in all Secondary School Program activities. You will have a rigorous, full-time courseload; however, your schedule will have room to fill with activities such as College Counseling Q&As or music groups.
Costs & Aid for 7-Week SSP Residential
- 2024 program cost $14,250*
- Non-refundable $75 application fee
- US citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for financial aid.
*Cost includes tuition, room and meal plan, and the program fee for the full seven weeks.
Additional Costs to Consider
- Flight or other transportation to and from Harvard at the beginning and end of your program
- Expenses beyond room and meal plan, such as money for souvenirs, snacks, etc. (Room and meal plan includes 3 meals/day, 7 days/week)
Is 7-Week SSP Residential Right for You?
- Apply to 7-Week SSP Residential.
- View important dates and deadlines.
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions.