Severe weather or other emergencies in rare instances could require the cancellation of Summer School classes. Please note that make-up classes for severe weather and other emergency cancellations may be scheduled for a University holiday or Saturday.
Weather and other emergency cancellations are announced through the following media:
- Harvard Summer School homepage
- 24-hour telephone information line messages:
- Harvard Summer School information line: (617) 495-4024
- Harvard University weather emergency and special conditions phone line: (866) 496-NEWS (6397)
- Email and text messages
- Harvard Summer School email to all current students and faculty
- MessageMe is Harvard University’s emergency notification system. To update your contact preferences, please visit messageme.harvard.edu.
- Local Boston television and website postings:
Travel and Safety
Whenever classes meet, pay attention to local weather and travel conditions if you commute from beyond the Cambridge and Boston area, and use your judgment regarding safe travel to campus.
See Campus Safety and the HUPD website for more information and tips on campus safety. In an emergency on campus, call (617) 495-1212, or use one of the blue light phones located at various outdoor campus locations, to reach the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD).
If Cambridge institutes an emergency parking ban during a weather or other emergency, a notice will appear on the City of Cambridge website.