Eligibility For 2021
The admissions committee is looking for mature, academically motivated students who meet both the following criteria:
- Will graduate from high school and enter college in 2021, 2022, or 2023
- Are at least 15 years old by December 1, 2020, and will not turn 19 years old before July 31, 2021
How to Apply
Do not complete the application on your smartphone. Please use a laptop or PC. Keep in mind that you may only apply for one program each summer, either the Pre-College Program or the Secondary School Program.
Complete an online application and provide supplemental materials, including:
- The $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Counselor report: You can request a link be sent to your counselor in the application
- Transcripts from 9th grade to fall 2020 grades: This can include progress reports, report cards, and educational summaries from your high school
- Rules and Media Release online form: You can request a link be sent to your parent or legal guardian in the application
- If English is not your native language, submit scores from the TOEFL iBT or IELTS language proficiency exam along with your application
The application deadline for 2021 has now passed.
|2021 Application Deadlines||Dates|
|Financial aid application deadline||Tuesday, January 26 at noon|
Thursday, March 4 at noon
|Application deadline||Monday, May 3|
There will be two admissions deadlines for 2021:
- January 26 for early applicants
- March 4 for regular applications
After March 4, there will be rolling admissions, if spots are still available in the program.
There is no minimum GPA requirement. We evaluate all information submitted—including transcripts, counselor reports, and your GPA—when considering your application. You are welcome to submit PSAT, SAT, or ACT test scores, but they are not required.
- Apply early, as space in the program is limited.
- If English is not your native language, take one of the required proficiency tests early to ensure you get your scores in time to apply early in the application cycle.
- Track our receipt of your supplementary materials by logging into your application. You want to be sure that we have all of your application materials on hand.
- When you apply, choose your program thoughtfully. You may apply to only one of Harvard Summer School’s college programs for high school students per year.